Barcelona Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
Prepare to be surprised every day! Barcelona is a melting pot of traditional Catalan and international trends, and thus boasts a very dynamic and vibrant day-to-day life. It's a truly passionate, colourful, lively and welcoming city just begging to be explored. With Barcelona Urban Adventures you'll get to experience the real heart and soul of Barcelona on our uniquely designed Barcelona tours.
Barcelona is a cosmopolitan city that combines the past, present and future. it is one of the finest cities in Europe, elegantly embodying architecture of all styles and centuries. Apart from having one of the best preserved Gothic style city centres, the city is full of marvellous buildings, with Gaudí and other modernistas bringing together the richest selection of Art Nouveau buildings in Europe. Gaudi‘s Sagrada Familia and the multicoloured Torre Agbar are two fine examples from both eras. World class museums display everything from impressive Romanesque frescos and the joy of Joan Miró, through to gold from pre-Columbian America and the first works of Picasso.
Whilst Barcelona is full of treasures in art and architecture, many prefer to develop their talents differently, such as the young people skating the squares and streets of the city, or those in the kitchen. It seems that in Barcelona it’s always time to have lunch or dinner and the traditional and contemporary Catalan cuisine, considered one of the best in the world, offers a large amount of culinary sensations. Chef Ferran Adriá is considered one of the world's best chefs and tops the European Restaurant Ranking. His restaurant 'El Bulli' has three Michelin stars and is regarded as one of the best restaurants in the world.
Here at Barcelona Urban Adventures, we want you to experience the real energy of day-to-day life in Barcelona. Be sure to check out some of our Barcelona tours for some truly great travel adventures!
from 14 reviews
From EUR 52.00
Join this food envy-inducing Barcelona tour for three hours of power eating - Spanish-style. Join locals as they indulge in the fine art of eating and drinking, something Spaniards are champions at. By the end of the tour, you'll know your banderillas from your pintxo, even if you can't pronounce them.more...
FC Barcelona Football Matches
Place: Barcelona - [ 30/08/2014 - 16/05/2015 ]
For football fans there’s isn’t anything more exciting than a match in a stadium like FC Barcelona’s Camp Nou, one of the biggest and best equipped in the world (a renovation and expansion is already planned under architect Norman Foster).Formula 1 Barcelona Grand Prix
Place: Barcelona - [ 17/05/2015 - 31/05/2015 ]
Formula 1 comes to Barceolona, the buzz and speed and all the hype. The final event is scheduled for 22nd May 2011.Sónar Festival
Place: Barcelona - [ 17/06/2015 - 19/06/2015 ]
Sónar (short for Sound navigation and ranging), is an annual three-day music festival held in Barcelona.more events...
more... more stories...
16 Apr 2015 Thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Thank you Alicia for making it so successful and going the extra mile to ensure we could take part.
12 Apr 2015 Alicia was excellent - right on time, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Great background into Barcelona and the food
08 Apr 2015 Alicia was an excellent guide and we all enjoyed the tour very much.
28 Mar 2015 I was on the Snapshots of Barcelona with Alicia and was the only guest. This was a really informative walk round the city coupled with tips and hints on how to use the camera to gain the best from the photo opportunities in Barcelona. Apart from the obvious main tourist attractions, we also visited less touristy ones and off the beaten track. I would highly recommend this as an excellent orientation walk with the bonus of photo tips.
28 Mar 2015 Dago's knowledge and enthusiasm was just what I needed to start a visit to Barcelona and provided the insight into the food and local sights en-route ready for my week ahead. I was the only person on this tour but that didn't have any bearing on what we did.
17 Nov 2014 Loved the tapas tour. Our first Urban Adventure tour was in Venice 2 years ago and loved it. We always check your website for tours.
08 Nov 2014 This surpassed my expectations. Alicia spent almost 4 hours with us and showed us so much of this wonderful city. But what I really loved is that the lens of photography and her tips in picking out elements to capture really made me attentive to Barcelona's density of detail. Even as a non-photographer, I am so pleased that I did this tour - it was fun, creative, hands-on and informative. Thanks Alicia.
25 Oct 2014 Fantastic tour, our guide Alicia was so knowledgeable, enthusiastic and good fun. Everyone was catered for and she was a most attentive host. Our first Urban Adventure and we loved it.
14 Oct 2014 Marco was a very friendly, informative and helpful guide and in the 3+ hours we had together he packed in lots of interesting sights and information presented with good humour. This tour very much enriched my Barcelona experience!
04 Sep 2014 Great tour. Had fantastic time discovering Barcelona, the tapas and wine were awesome!
The Barcelona Urban Adventures team are passionate about the city in which they live. Join them on a locally led adventure as they show you a more intimate side of this much loved city, from its stunning architecture and culture, to its fine cuisine and nightlife, and all the hidden gems in between.
Feels like: 7°C
Passing clouds. Cool.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.